Localization Program Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Languages are key to our mission of bringing the world closer together. The Facebook family of apps is currently available in up to 100+ languages and we are adding many more. ~90% of people already use our products from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. As a Localization Program Manager, you will drive product teams to deliver a great user experience to our international audience.
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to launch successful localized products
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types across the Facebook family of apps
- Guide product teams across the Facebook family of apps to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions
- Proactively identify and prioritize technical and process issues that affect localized product relevancy, quality, and functionality
- Partner with vendors to ensure that the right resources are in place and all deliveries are completed at the expected standards
- 3+ years of experience in localization
- BA/BS or 2+ years equivalent work experience in localization, internationalization, project management, or program management
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Familiarity with internationalization standards such as Unicode and CLDR
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools - such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow
- Communication skills, experience to work effectively across time zones and cultures
- Experience with SQL, as well as proven experience to process and analyze complex data sets, and interpret them to make business decisions
- Experience to drive results in cross-functional teams
- Experience to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the Facebook translation platform
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English
Back to top