Live Sports Partnerships and Programming, EMEA
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a sports executive and leader who is passionate about the convergence of sports content and technology, and knowledgeable about rapidly changing models of content distribution, fan engagement, and media monetization. This role will lead our efforts in EMEA to identify and distribute live sports and other video content via Facebook's properties in order to maximize consumer engagement and business value on behalf of both Facebook and our partners (including broadcasters and rights holders). This person will be responsible for prioritizing the right opportunities, driving partner relationships and negotiations, and ensuring successful results in collaboration with a broad cross-functional team.
- Lead EMEA sports video partnership efforts with an emphasis on live sports events & original content
- Lead identification, negotiation and execution of priority content partnership opportunities with rights holders and broadcasters in the EMEA region, in collaboration with partnerships, business development, and legal teams
- Develop goals, business cases, and financial metrics for content plans
- Work collaboratively with the broader live sports partnerships and programming team to support our global business goals
- Contribute to cross-functional development of our overall sports content strategy and business model
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with a broad range of EMEA sports rights holders and broadcasters, in collaboration with the sports partnerships team
- Successfully advocate for new content development, distribution and business models leveraging digital, social and mobile with EMEA partners
- Deliver reviews and analysis of existing business and opportunities to senior management on a regular basis
- Track record of leadership and hands-on experience acquiring and distributing premium sports video for global organizations in support of business objectives
- 10+ years experience in video content valuation, negotiations, content development/production, and/or broadcast operations
- Understanding of sports content rights landscape and media environment, digital business models and consumer Internet/technology space
- Cross-functional leadership and project management skills
- Capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Analytical skills and familiarity with both industry and Facebook-related data / metrics
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top