Litigation Regulatory Counsel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Litigation Counsel for EMEA. You will manage significant and complex multi-national litigation and contentious regulatory matters and advise internal teams on legal risks. We are particularly looking for someone with strong written and oral advocacy skills. The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law, and the ability to explain those technologies in concise and accessible ways to judges and regulators. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in fast-paced, fun environment. This role is to be based in either Dublin or London.
- Supervise and direct outside counsel on multiple complex litigation and contentious regulatory matters, including matters pending before the CJEU
- Work closely with outside counsel to produce written briefs and submissions of the highest quality
- Guide and execute litigation strategy in relation to high-profile, precedent setting matters pending before national and European courts
- Advise cross-functional teams on litigation strategy on a wide variety of topics, including data protection, consumer protection, public policy, and platform, product & content policies
- Develop strategic approaches to managing regulatory and policy legal risks and resolving disputes
- Manage response to consumer protection and other regulatory inquiries.
- Outstanding legal drafting skills
- Qualified lawyer with 3+ years PQE in a law firm or in-house
- Excellent credentials from top law school
- 3+ years litigation experience, including extensive experience dealing with matters before higher and/or appellate courts, ideally across multiple jurisdictions
- Specific experience of regulatory litigation preferred
- Prior experience working with internet or technology companies a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and make sound judgments under tight deadlines
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to work on projects in other areas
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Knowledge of, or fluency in, other European languages a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top