Life@ Benefits Program Manager, Time Away Benefits
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Time Away Program Manager (Employee Benefits) to develop and manage employee Absence and Insurance programs. Life@ is our mission to take care of our people while they’re connecting the world. This includes creating solutions to help people manage their time both at work and home. The Time Away offerings in Life@ help to improve people’s lives as well as redefine and shape how the marketplace looks at time off programs, engagement and productivity. We are looking for an individual that has in depth experience in both designing, measuring and marketing absence programs while constantly striving to innovate beyond traditional time off benefit solutions.
- Strategically influence time off programs including Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Bereavement, Parental, Recharge Sabbatical and Military in partnership with our Life@ Benefits Manager, Time Away.
- Strategically influence insured based programs including Life insurance, Short & Long-term disability, and Workers’ Compensation programs.
- Manage complex questions regarding escalations requiring interpretation of plan designs, contracts and provide strategic guidance around compliance efforts to ensure audits of data, processes and policies are being managed effectively and data quality is improved.
- Manage on-going market surveys, customer focus groups, and benchmarking analysis.
- Design/Create Time Away and insurance program solutions focusing on: Is it solving the customer need? Is it scalable? How does it maximize productivity and engagement? What is the impact to the business? Does it represent an innovative solution to a tough challenge? Is the marketing and distribution creating impact? Does it have success measures?
- Build and launch absence management training to HR Business Partners regarding leave programs, including disability laws and best practices.
- Assemble and build strong partnerships cross functionally.
- Significantly influence new and existing design improvements with strategic vendor relationships and internal shared services operational team.
- Develop and analyze key performance metrics and make recommendations to enhance, maintain, or eliminate programs based on this data.
- Develop communication and market new programs.
- 10+ years’ experience in benefits and/or HR operations with focus on Absence and Insured benefits.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and ability to effectively use data to drive recommendations.
- Ability to impact and influence others at all levels in the organization and maintain effective relationships with external partners.
- Project management and process improvement experience.
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups / locations / vendors.
- Strategic benefits vendor management experience.
- BA/BS degree.
- Networking capabilities both inside and outside organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills and detail oriented.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top