Legal Operations Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly-motivated, detail-oriented team player to serve as Legal Operations Project Manager. In this role you will be responsible for driving progress on day-to-day legal operations projects focused on overall departmental administration, increased efficiencies and effectiveness for the Legal department. The department currently has 240+ people working out of seven offices worldwide in support of Facebook’s mission to connect the world. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and growing legal team and to work in fast-paced, fun environment. While this position will be focused on Legal department technology infrastructure initiatives, it is also intended to be generalist role and will involve managing and supporting projects across the range of legal areas supported by the Legal Operations team. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including IT, HR and Finance. This is a full-time position based in Facebook’s offices in Menlo Park, California. The position will report to Facebook’s Head of Legal Operations.
- Legal Operations program support. Help advance Legal Operations team projects, driving to on-time and on-budget results.
- Process Design and Management. Make significant contributions to process design efforts to positively impact the Legal team and its clients. Manage process documentation and provide on-going support for implemented processes.
- Tools/Technology: Assist in identification and implementation of new Legal department tools and technology solutions. Assist in defining centralized resources that are well-maintained and accurate.
- Take on administrative management, maintenance and improvement assignments for identified tool and technology solutions. Assist with solution controls and reporting. Evaluate, test, train, implement and support technology solutions interfacing with IT and Legal team members.
- Liaison with IT. Work collaboratively with IT, including the Business Applications team, Infrastructure and Sourcing, coordinating on Legal-IT Roadmap definition and progress reporting.
- Assist with legal-vendor management and oversight and legal-vendor diversity efforts.
- Meaningfully contribute to other strategic planning/roadmap development efforts.
- Support and manage various ad hoc projects within the department as they arise.
- 4+ years experience in the areas of legal project management or legal operations in-house or at a law firm.
- Experience in developing and implementing legal department technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, contract and document management, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.).
- Analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience breaking down processes in order to deliver business improvements at local, regional and global levels.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional groups to set objectives and produce results.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint and tool sets commonly utilized by Legal teams.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team.
- B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Technology company experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top