Legal Operations Project Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly-motivated, detail-oriented team player to serve as Legal Operations Project Manager. In this role you will be responsible for driving progress on day-to-day legal operations projects focused on overall departmental administration, increased efficiencies and effectiveness for the Legal department. The department currently has 400+ people working out of seven offices worldwide in support of Facebook's mission to connect the world. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and growing legal team and to work in fast-paced, fun environment.
This position is a generalist role and will involve managing and supporting projects across the range of legal areas supported by the Legal Operations team. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization, including IT, HR and Finance. This is a full-time position based in Facebook's offices in San Francisco, California, but requiring regular visits to the offices in Menlo Park. The position will report to the Facebook Legal Operations Project Manager, though will be a collaborative role partnering with all members of the Legal Operations team.
- Legal Operations program support. Help advance Legal Operations team projects, driving to on-time and on-budget results
- Process Design and Management:
- -Make significant contributions to process design efforts to positively impact the Legal team and its clients
- -Manage current-state process documentation, future-state optimized process design, and provide on-going support for implemented processes
- -Assist in identification and implementation of new Legal department tools and technology solutions
- -Assist in defining centralized resources that are well-maintained and accurate
- -Assist with leveraging existing technologies to develop new use cases
- -Take on administrative management, maintenance and improvement assignments for identified tool and technology solutions
- - Assist with solution controls and reporting
- - Evaluate, test, train, implement and support technology solutions interfacing with IT and Legal team members
- Assist with legal-vendor management and oversight and legal-vendor diversity efforts
- Help administer and drive community service and pro bono program efforts
- Contribute to strategic planning/roadmap development efforts
- Support and manage various ad hoc projects within the department as they arise
- B.A. or B.S. degree or project management experience
- 3+ years experience in the areas of legal project management or legal operations in-house or at a law firm
- Experience in developing and implementing legal department technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, contract and document management, self-service contracting, approval workflow, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.)
- Analytical, problem-solving, and communication experience
- Proven track record of breaking down processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at local, regional and global levels
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to set objectives and produce results
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Multitasking experience
- Leadership and interpersonal experience with a proven track record of building relationships
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team
- Technology company experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top