Legal Investigations Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Legal Investigations Team analyzes current trends in user safety, identifies and investigates security threats, and develops solutions to mitigate future risk. We pride ourselves in helping prevent online and real-world harm by quickly identifying and escalating sources of abusive behavior. The team is looking for a detail-oriented, motivated analyst with a passion for online safety, conducting pattern and trend analysis, and applying critical thinking skills. Successful candidates will be able to assess and analyze large amounts of data in order to identify sources of potential threats and abuses. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment, and work proactively with various teams across the organization.
This position is full-time and will be located in our Singapore office.
- Investigate cases that pose a high risk of harm to the community and identify sources of abusive behavior
- Quickly and accurately assess the credibility of potential threats in an effort to prevent online and real-world harm
- Identify risk patterns and link abusive behavior within a large data set
- Summarize findings, generate reports, and escalate imminent threats as necessary
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams on investigations, escalations, and incident response
- Identify process and policy improvements and make progressive suggestions for change
- Maintain quality standards while managing large volumes of time sensitive requests
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and 5+ years of investigations or analysis experience in law enforcement, security, risk, or safety domains
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to quickly assess large amounts of data in order to detect critical and credible information
- Experience with social media, analytical tools, and internet-based research tools
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Willing and able to maturely work with sensitive issues that includes graphic violence, a variety of religious and political views, and adult content
- Ability to work independently under high pressure situations and make sound decisions with little to no supervision
- Available for after-hours and occasional weekend duty
- Ability and inclination to protect highly confidential information
- Fluency in other language(s) highly preferred
- preferred languages include Arabic, Indonesian, Urdu, Bengali, Tagalog, or Malay.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn SQL or other data analytics programming languages
Back to top