Legal Director, Music Licensing
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced music licensing lawyer with a penchant for teamwork and technology to lead its music licensing efforts within Legal. This position will partner closely with internal business counterparts in driving licensing negotiations, as well as coordinating with product, engineering, operations, finance and legal teams in support of the company's evolving music licensing needs. In this role, you will be responsible for solving cutting-edge licensing issues on a global scale, with an opportunity to help shape the future of music use on Facebook.
- Support Facebook's biz dev team in developing our music licensing strategy and helping lead negotiations across labels, publishers, and collecting societies globally
- Lead and grow Facebook's nascent music licensing legal team, and direct outside licensing counsel around the world
- Oversee the drafting of all music licensing agreements
- Coordinate with internal product and engineering teams in connection with product development that may impact licensing needs
- Guide and support engineering efforts to develop data insights and reporting capabilities
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team (commercial, product, etc.) to ensure business needs are met
- JD or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant music licensing experience, including extensive hands-on experience negotiating label, publisher, and society licenses globally
- In-house experience, and work with digital distribution of music involving online services, apps, and innovative technologies
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple priorities under pressure
- Track record of strategic and creative thinking, and exercising excellent business judgment
- Excellent communication skills and pro-active, collaborative, work ethic
- State bar membership or foreign equivalent
- Willingness to travel
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top