Legal Counsel, Advertising Products
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly motivated, team player to serve as Legal Counsel for Advertising Products. The position will focus on supporting Facebook's advertising and business platform products and requires application of a complex, evolving legal framework to new and innovative products. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Review global advertising and other monetization products, features and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions
- Counsel product, marketing, engineering, and other business teams on legal issues related to the provision of online advertising products to help ensure compliance with consumer protection laws, privacy laws and regulations, and other legal requirements
- Coordinate with legal, public policy and communications colleagues on multi-disciplinary issues
- Work with commercial legal teams to negotiate agreements with advertisers and other third parties
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm or prior in-house experience (applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience will be considered)
- Experience working on multiple different projects simultaneously and building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms
- Content liability counseling related to CDA Sec. 230 or related international frameworks
- Experience with online advertising industry, including from the perspective of social media or other internet companies, ad agencies, advertisers or publishers
- Experience with international legal requirements, including those related to data privacy, and how to work effectively across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience negotiating agreements and business relationships
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top