Legal Counsel, Advertising Content Policy
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a highly motivated, team player to serve as Legal Counsel, Advertising Content Policy. The position will focus on supporting Facebook's advertising and commercial content policies and requires application of a complex, evolving legal framework. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Provide counsel on global advertising and commercial content policies and supporting legal framework
- Coordinate with content policy, operations, legal and product teams to implement and enforce content standards
- Working with outside counsel and international colleagues, organize and track evolving legal requirements across the globe and industry verticals
- Support escalations on advertising content assessment and takedown requests
- Guide product teams on legal standards for advertising and business platform products
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm or prior in-house experience (applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience will be considered)
- Experience assessing and harmonizing a diverse set of legal standards across topics and jurisdictions
- Content liability counseling related to CDA Sec. 230 or similar international frameworks
- Experience with online advertising industry, including from the perspective of social media or other internet/platform companies, ad agencies, advertisers or publishers
- Experience with international advertising requirements within regulated industries
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top