LED Hardware Engineer, Micro-assembly (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research (Facebook Inc.) has an exciting opportunity within its R&D Group at Cork for a technology development engineer who will play a key role in the developing the assembly technologies of our next generation displays. The ideal candidate will have a background in one or more of the following disciplines; Materials Science, Electronics, Physics, Optics, Robotics, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering. Any experience in the manipulation and handling of devices in the region of a few microns will be particularly relevant. The job is particularly suited to a technology development engineer who wishes to further develop their career in a vibrant and fast-moving research environment. This is a full-time position based in our Cork office, Ireland.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading LED packaging and micro-assembly development including:
- Micro-packaging and device handling at a micro-scale.
- Identifying materials for novel packaging techniques at micro-scale.
- Supporting the development of state-of-art LED and display assembly processes and hardware.
- Identification of and management of external assembly partners.
- Work closely with other cross-functional members to define advanced micro-assembly solutions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably graduate study and qualifications in Materials Science, Electronics, Physics, Optics, Robotics, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering. And experience in some or all of the following:
- Micro-assembly and micro-packaging.
- Opto-electronic, compound semiconductors.
- Deep understanding of surface chemistry and behavior of materials at micro-scale.
- Deep knowledge of material characterization tools and methods at micro and nano-scale.
- Knowledge of optical properties of materials at micro-scale.
- Knowledge of automation and positioning at micro-scale, including control and machine vision is an asset.
- Experience with the interaction of materials, processes, and equipment.
- Experience in large data-set handling and analysis.
- Managing partners and subcontractors from a technical and project management perspective.
- Promote and support innovation to facilitate IP generation as appropriate.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top