Learning Operations Program Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee life-cycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.The Learning Operations Program Manager, part of Facebook's Global People Operations Programs team, will work to operationalize L&D training programs that will allow us to grow and scale our Learning Community at Facebook. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They will exhibit great communication & planning skills, teamwork, motivation, and an upbeat attitude. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
- Lead and manage the team responsible for learning & development program operations
- Coach, mentor and provide development opportunities to team members
- Partner with your primary client, the Learning & Development team, as well as other key client partner teams to deliver on operational strategy and annual plans
- Prioritize and advocate for LMS tool enhancements in order to eliminate manual processes/work and drive efficiencies of the team
- Drive global process optimization and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility
- Establish standardized program reporting to deliver insights to our L&D program managers
- Manage day-to-day operations of our vendor teams executing our services
- Manage and escalate risks and issues and collaborate with cross-functional partners on resolution
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential operational improvements
- Develop and ensure standard operating procedures are in place for programs supported by the team globally
- Ability to manage remote staff and drive consistency of global processes
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- 5+ years of experience in either L&D or HR Operations.
- 2+ years of people management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and influence partners to achieve results.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Project management skills and leading cross-functional teams to make an impact and deliver work on time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) (Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, analytical capabilities and work books).
- Customer service, communication and cross group collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence, communicate, and present at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity at all times
- Ability to understand and react to changing priorities even when not all the information is available.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
- Follow-through skills and ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple projects.
- Strong data analysis acumen.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top