Learning Management Systems (LMS) Product Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.This role is responsible for the successful operation of the company-wide Learn Tool (Facebook's internally built Learning Management System). The successful candidate will work to drive optimum learning efficiency and experience for our employees by working closely with our People Tools & Engineering teams for support, design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, and other resources for Learn system enhancements. You will ultimately guide the product road-map through definition of features, enhancements, fixes and other functionality by understanding our internal stakeholders needs and defining the future strategy to exceed them!
- Manage the Learn Tool priorities and roadmap, working closely with business stakeholders to determine requirements, and prioritize for the development team
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Engineers on day to day bugs, features and priorities
- Respond as an escalation point to issues, bugs, etc. and address stakeholder feedback
- Lead systems migration, integration, and change management for the Learn Tool
- Support Learn user/admin needs, including issue tracking, resolution and /or escalation
- Creation, testing and launching of new / revised features and content
- Provide oversight of the Tier 1 support vendor team
- Continuously seek out improvements to our processes and activities cross-functionally to create a learning experience for users
- Lead the cross-functional Learn project and working groups
- Consult as the subject matter expert with partners and users to find solutions
- Keep current with LMS/HR tool trends and developments and apply learning to improve internal tool and processes
- Provide support for compliance internal/external audits
- Develops and supports user training for Learn users/admins & provide other education, tools, and tips for users
- Experience in building and driving strategy for Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholder groups to implement tool/system changes
- Communication and change management specific to a new tool implementation
- Project management and process improvement background.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups / locations / vendors.
- Organization skills
- PMP and Six Sigma certification
- Previous LMS product or Learning program management experience or experience in an HRIS role.
- Experience working with both engineering and end-user groups to identify, prioritize and scope tool requirements
- A systems mindset with the ability to think through end-to-end solutions to improve the processes.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top