Learning Initiatives Project Manager, Community Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with cross-functional project management experience. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working across multiple complicated and often unrelated global training and eLearning initiatives and special projects. They will also be a natural communicator who focuses and clearly conveys particular details to stakeholders/leadership through data, presentations, visualization and effective communication. The ideal candidate will also be able to drive alignment and clarity across often competing priorities and support staffing models. The candidate should have familiarity with and/or be willing to work on both technology-related projects and classroom initiatives.
This is a full-time position and is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Gather information from teams and individuals to consolidate the coordination, tracking, and communication of project requirements, priorities, and status to key stakeholders.
- Create frameworks and roadmaps for how to approach and execute both short-term and long-term projects.
- Influence outcomes across the team and in cross-functional settings.
- Articulate the technology requirements, goals, and milestones of high priority training initiatives.
- Proactively communicate the progress of projects as needed to prevent missed milestones.
- Conduct ongoing communication of team progress by proactively managing risks and lending support accordingly.
- Build subject matter expertise, stay up to date on technology, and identify key partnerships to help define team road maps.
- Drive accountability for ideas, deadlines, and outcomes within the team and with stakeholders.
- Switch from program level to task level issues in driving projects to completion.
- Motivate and adapt to different working styles based on teams involved.
- Manage competing priorities and simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with peers of all levels from front line analysts to leadership.
- Role requires up to 20% international travel.
- BA or BS Degree
- 3+ years of cross-functional project management experience
- Experience with data visualization, PowerPoint, or MS project tools
- Experience implementing project management standards and methodology
- Experience in communicating/presenting information to a variety of audiences and engage and influence stakeholders
- Experience in juggling multiple priorities
- Experience managing training specific projects
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience managing technology and media development initiatives
- PMP certification
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top