Learning Experience Designer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As part of our Learning and Performance Solutions team, you will assess, define, and develop solutions to address specific learning needs across Global Operations at Facebook. You will work with various cross-functional teams, ensuring that learning solutions align with business needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Facebook and/or the digital media industry, extensive expertise in instructional design, including production of scalable learning solutions, as well as a high degree of creativity, problem solving, and project management skills. You will be part of a team entrusted with building the foundation of knowledge for the Global Operations team at Facebook by supporting the on-boarding learning experience of new hires, optimizing training processes based on different learning modalities, and supporting various other learning design needs. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a team at Facebook, make an impact at a fast moving company, and strengthening user trust with our platform.
- Design and develop effective and engaging learning experiences leveraging learning science and instructional design principles.
- Perform learning needs analysis and prescribe the appropriate learning experience to close performance gaps.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders to discover and analyze learning data.
- analyze learning data. Develop multi-modal learning and performance support material, including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, performance support, videos & voice overs, animations, infographics, and facilitator guides.
- Design and develop L1 - L4 assessments to measure the success of learning programs and performance support tools.
- Review existing learning materials and perform content maintenance as needed, based on analysis of results of course evaluations and data gathered from real learner experiences
- Scope and plan the time and effort needed for maintaining learning deliverables.
- Estimate, execute and meet learning development deadlines.
- Collaborate with other Global Operations Learning Organization team members and subject matter experts (SMEs) to support various learning program and project initiatives.
- Manage complex relationships with cross-functional stakeholders in a fast moving environment with short deadlines and high business impact.
- Design and develop content as needed for Community Operations, Business Integrity and Product Data Operations. (This will include content that may or may not violate our Community Standards. A full list can be viewed on the Facebook Community Standards page at https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/)
- Deliver and facilitate pilots and train-the-trainer sessions
- Role requires 25% travel (international and domestic)
- 5+ years of experience in instructional design and development
- 3+ years project management experience
- A portfolio that showcases learning asset design and development capabilities
- Strong knowledge and proven application of multiple instructional design approaches
- Strong understanding of the needs of adult learners
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of learning technologies
- Experience managing multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing quality with on-time delivery
- Experience with a variety of instructional media, including instructor-led, online, and virtual instructor-led training (VILT)
- Experience using eLearning development tools (Captivate, Storyline 360, Camtasia)
- BA or BS Degree in Business, Instructional Design, or related field
- MBA or Masters in Instructional Design, Learning Sciences, Educational Technology, or related field
- Experience with designing for the 5 Moments of Need ® or Workflow Learning and Designing Electronic Performance Support Systems (EPSS)
- Experience designing and developing learning solutions within the tech industry or within an operations environment
- Experience working with outsourcing sites/offshore providers
- Experience with policy-related training material
- Presenter/speaker experience at learning industry conferences
Back to top