Learning & Development Analytics Partner
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
At Facebook we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1.8 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to best develop our people to meet Facebook's future needs and challenges.
We're looking for an experienced people research scientist-practitioner to join our people analytics function to support our Learning and Development (L&D) team. This role will serve as an active partner with our L&D function, our HR partners, and other key leaders to help use data to inform course design, evaluation, and overall impact on our peoples' performance. You'll help develop and refine L&D processes to make an exceptional workplace even better. The ideal candidate will have solid quantitative skills and experience working across a variety of HR research areas, with some exposure to L&D.
This is a full-time role based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Help shape the strategy for assessing the effectiveness of L&D, using a data-driven approach
- Design and conduct program and course evaluation studies and analyses using a variety of methods and approaches (including mixed-methods, longitudinal studies, quasi-experimental designs, etc.)
- Collaborate with L&D Leadership to identify, gather, and create metrics that can be used to facilitate strategic decisions assess the impact of training programs and quantify value to business.
- Bring together best practices, Facebook-specific data and outside research to help leaders understand the latest in development course design and evaluation
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things learning and people development-related at Facebook
- Collaborate with data engineering and visualization engineers to access and manipulate data, explain data gathering requirements, and display results
- Conduct statistical analyses and communicate results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audience
- Collaborate with and mentor other team members
- Maintain knowledge of latest developments in the L&D field and program evaluation techniques, as well as, new tools and technology to provide guidance on opportunities for continuous improvement in the L&D offerings
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- MS/PhD in a field emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Economics, Policy Analysis, Management, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience conducting quantitative people research in an organization or consulting environment, working with key stakeholders to understand and clarify their research needs, and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years of experience applying multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, analysis of quasi-experimental research designs with non-equivalent groups (e.g., regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification), longitudinal analysis, dimension reduction, clustering, hierarchical linear (random effects) modeling, etc., to people research problems in organizations
- Experienced in organizational survey design and execution
- User of Microsoft Excel and experience in some statistical software (R, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience providing direct consultation to senior leaders.
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or Python
- 5+ years working internally (as opposed to consulting) in an organization with 500+ professional employees (e.g., high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech, etc.)
- Experience developing L&D course materials, conducting empirical research on a variety of people development programs, knowledge of best practices in L&D course design, evaluation and impact analysis
- Experience conceiving, developing, running pilot tests, implementing, and continuously improving large-scale people processes
- Experience managing and analyzing complex, structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or Python
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top