Learning Design & Innovation Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is a culture of curious and adaptive learners and our people are naturally thirsty for opportunities to learn new things in pursuit of making the world more open and connected. The Learning & Development team at Facebook is committed to helping build the organization as a socially committed community of learners: we see ourselves as brokers that help find and enable learning connections that will strengthen the contribution of our people and the performance of our company. As a means to support the expansion of our work, we are hiring a Learning Design and Innovation Leader at Facebook. This role is to be based at our Menlo Park, California headquarters. Reporting to the Head of Leadership Development, this leadership role will help us reimagine learning design and innovation and drive a number of important initiatives at Facebook.
- Lead a team of instructional designers and content builders to design and develop instructional content for internal team members, which engages and delights.
- Establish and implement an instructional design methodology for both instructor-led content and self-paced, digital content which delivers a blended and “right-sized” experience for audiences.
- Leverage Facebook learning technology to create bite-sized learning content which is measurable and cutting-edge.
- Build relationships with L&D, GSL and other cross-functional business partners, globally, to collaborate on skill gaps and learning priorities.
- Develop and manage a network of vendors and contractors who can help scale rapidly.
- Promote L&D offered programs and content through the creation of creative campaigns including posters & snack-sized video modules served up as ads to audiences.
- 8+ years of direct experience operating in a related role within an L&D organization
- 3+ years people management
- 5+ years of designing and developing instructional content
- Experience with development e-Learning tools (such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia)
- Experience in developing online and blended learning solutions – incorporating graphics, audio, video, and animation
- Ability to demonstrate needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills.
- Experience using standard publishing tools (Office and Adobe products)
- Experience in virtual (instructor led, web-based) classroom course development and delivery
- Working knowledge of LMS capabilities and SCORM requirements
- Understanding of adult learning principles in the content development process
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top