Learning and Development Programme Manager, EMEA
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is a culture of curious and adaptive learners. Our people are naturally thirsty for opportunities to learn new things in pursuit of building an incredible product experience for the people that use our service. In support of this, the Learning & Development team at Facebook are committed to helping build the organisation as a socially committed community of learners.At Facebook, we believe that the keys to personal growth & success are rooted in how you leverage your strengths to have impact. For this reason we work as a small consulting team, and we partner with business and HR leaders to find experiences where people can grow.As a means to support the expansion of demand for our work and support, we are hiring a Learning & Development Programme Manager, to be based in our Dublin or London office. Reporting to the EMEA Head of Learning, this individual contributor role will drive a number of important initiatives at Facebook.
- Partnering with the Global Programme managers to get learning initiatives successfully delivered in EMEA
- Planning and working with L&D consultants and Global Programme Managers to understand the work required and build successful capacity planning
- Assess effectiveness of training, produce insights for L&D team and help communicate these outcomes to the business and our partners
- Manage the relationship with our external administration partner to ensure work is allocated effectively based on capacity and priority
- Own the EMEA L&D communication strategy
- Collaboratively work across different types of vendors and internal partners to ensure L&D is being delivered effectively at scale
- Interpret and use data to drive decision making
- An ability to create and streamline processes and organise resources in a logical way
- Strong communication skills are required as this person will be the key link with many different partners both internally and with vendors
- Good influencing skills are required as this person will need to influence a range of teams and stakeholders
- Candidates should ideally possess a qualification in project or programme management and have a passion for and experience in L&D or OD, Bachelors Degree is preferred
- 8 + years Program/Project Management in a Learning and Development capacity
- Experience in Human Resources Program Management preferred
- Experience in Technology industry or startup advantageous.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top