Learning and Development Partner, Technical and Engineering Organization
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you someone who is continually inspired by helping people learn new skills and seeing the results of that learning in how they perform? Are you looking for an opportunity to creatively apply your strengths in coaching, instructional design, delivery, measurement, and consulting in an environment that's continually changing and never boring? Do you have a passion for moving fast, learning from feedback, and iterating your approaches to maximize impact? Love working in a diverse and challenging company that's making a difference in the world every day? If these are true for you, the L&D Partner role may be the right fit for your next role. At Facebook, we believe that the keys to personal growth & success are rooted in how you leverage your strengths to have impact. Like performance, learning is a continuous, iterative process and is primarily shaped by the opportunities available on-the-job, rather than what might traditionally be learned in the classroom. For this reason we work as a small consulting team, and we partner with business and HR leaders to identify needs and coordinate learning solutions that make our people better over time. We are hiring an L&D Partner to support the Technical and Engineering teams at Facebook. This role will be based at our Menlo Park, California headquarters.
- Identify client needs based on multiple inputs, and proactively share them with partners and team to build relationships and align to development efforts
- Design, develop, and deliver training content, using interactions with employees, managers, and leaders as a way to get to know our clients and how to best meet their needs
- Provide 1:1 coaching to managers and leaders in Engineering and Tech
- Thrive in a "move fast" environment that's constantly changing, with the ability to prioritize work while still maintaining positive relationships
- Partner with L&D colleagues and HR Business Partners to implement our L&D strategy and solve for unique group challenges
- Partner with the technical training team to ensure development programs & content integrate seamlessly and build on each other
- Design & support team performance workshops & business offsite events as needed
- Influence across multiple teams and groups without direct authority, collaborating to identify solutions that achieve shared results
- Manage development programs end to end, establishing processes to streamline and methods to evaluate success
- 10+ years of learning and development experience, including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- 8 + years in an L&D organization
- Experience supporting Engineering and Tech clients
- Experience consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner.
- Facilitation skills, with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience.
- Experience working in a technology industry
- Experience creating and delivering programs to develop manager and leader abilities through formal and informal methods.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top