Learning and Development Partner, On-boarding
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
At Facebook, we believe that the keys to personal growth & success are rooted in how you leverage your strengths to have impact. Like performance, learning is a continuous, iterative process and is primarily shaped by the opportunities available on-the-job, rather than what might traditionally be learned in the classroom. For this reason, we work as a strategic consulting team, partnering closely with business and HR leaders to find and propagate opportunity. As a means to support the expansion of demand for our work and support, we are hiring a L&D Partner for Onboarding to be based at our Menlo Park, California headquarters. Reporting to the Global Onboarding Manager, this individual contributor role will drive global onboarding projects, support ongoing programs, provide facilitation support for new hire orientation as needed, and consult with internal clients to continuously improve onboarding programs.
- Partnering with L&D colleagues, HR Business Partners, and business leaders to manage and support core onboarding programs and requirements, including but not limited to:
- Meeting regularly with strategic partners to assess departmental needs, provide program updates, and seek support for recommendations.
- Continually assessing onboarding program effectiveness using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Making recommendations to business leaders regarding team-level onboarding practices.
- Seeking new tools and methods to enhance and support the onboarding experience.
- Act as a backup to facilitate the Facebook New Hire Orientation (NHO) experience as necessary to support business needs.
- Drive creation of a comprehensive measurement strategy for collecting, analyzing, and reporting onboarding program effectiveness.
- Assist in the building and communication of quarterly data reporting, sharing insights on onboarding program impact to the HR Leadership team and stakeholder groups at Facebook.
- Participate as an active thought partner and team member to the global learning & development team, the HR leadership team, and the training team, including surfacing and sharing best practice, attending regular team meetings and meeting strategic partners regularly to coordinate and agree on strategy and operational direction.
- Partner with the Facebook L&D Content team, to co-ordinate and deliver additional professional skills and leadership development programs as required.
- 8+ years of L&D experience, or related field.
- 5+ years across several core domains essential for delivering L&D excellence, including conducting strategic needs analysis, program/instructional design, facilitation, and measurement, organizational design, coaching and consulting.
- 3+ years of experience, gained working in technology industry or similar fast moving environments.
- Proven track record of performance and experience at both a strategic and operational level within this industry or consulting to this industry.
- Experience in leveraging learning technologies and information reporting tools, as well as program management.
- Demonstrated communications ,consulting and advising skills at all levels, including with Facebook’s leaders.
- Travel on an as-needed basis to other Facebook offices.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top