Learning and Development Partner, Business Teams
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you someone who is continually inspired by helping people learn new skills and seeing the results of that learning in how they perform? Are you looking for an opportunity to creatively apply your strengths in learning, coaching, team development and consulting in an environment that's continually changing and never boring? Do you have a passion for moving fast, learning from feedback, and iterating your approaches to maximize impact? Love working in a diverse and challenging company that's making a difference in the world every day? If these are true for you, the L&D Partner role may be the right fit for your next role. At Facebook, we believe that the keys to personal growth & success are rooted in how you leverage your strengths to have impact. Like performance, learning is a continuous, iterative process and is primarily shaped by the opportunities available on-the-job, not just what is traditionally learned in the classroom (though we do that, too!). For this reason, we work as an internal consulting team, and we partner closely with business and HR leaders to identify needs and coordinate learning opportunities that help our people grow and get better and better over time. We are hiring an L&D Partner to support the various business teams (think: HR, legal, culinary, facilities, policy – all of the teams that help a company run!) at Facebook. This role will be based at our Menlo Park, California headquarters, and requires an awesome L&D professional.
- Partner with L&D colleagues and Business Partners to identify needs that leverage the core of our learning programs, frameworks and other best practices to help individuals and teams excel
- Build very strong relationships with our employees, managers, and leaders as a way to get to know how to best meet their needs
- Provide 1:1 coaching to managers and leaders, especially as it relates to their needs and the needs of their teams to learn and grow
- Partner with L&D colleagues and HR Business Partners to shape and customize and implement learning and development strategies
- Consult with other internal training teams to share best practices and ensure continuity across multiple programs and teams
- Design & support team performance workshops & business offsite events as needed
- Be a good thought leader for your partners and clients wherever learning is concerned, especially in supporting their own ability to learn on-the-job and from their own expertise
- 8+ years in an L&D organization
- Experience consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner (vs just execution)
- Facilitation skills, with demonstrated self-confidence and an ability to adapt content and conversations to meet the needs of your audience
- Experience working in a technology industry
- Experience designing and delivering learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, both inside and outside of traditional classroom environments
- Experience creating and delivering programs to develop manager and leader capabilities through formal and informal methods
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top