Learning and Development Operations Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a People Operations Lead for the Learning & Development Operations team. This position requires strong vendor management, people management and solid organizational and analysis skills. Proficiency with learning management systems is highly desired, and experience in Human Resources is a must.
This role will be leading the Operations team in supporting our global Onboarding, Learning & Development, and Diversity teams. The person in this role will make an impact by driving all aspects of the operational strategy. This role will also work closely with other key cross functional partners including the Onboarding/L&D, Diversity, People Growth, Compliance, Legal, Recruiting, ERG, L&D, HRBP, and People Analytics teams.
- Partner with Learning & Development, and other client partner teams in delivering operational strategy.
- Lead and manage vendor teams in coordinating programs and other operational activities.
- Define KPIs for measuring the success of operational support and report quarterly on performance to SLAs and to KPIs.
- Drive efficiency, customer satisfaction, and cost effectiveness of vendor support model.
- Leverage industry best practices to influence and drive operational improvements.
- Identify opportunities across Facebook to scale the learning operations model across the company.
- Manage and escalate risk and collaborate with cross-functional partners on resolution.
- Proactively identify and communicate business issues.
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential improvements.
- Improve and drive requirements for system improvements to eliminate manual processes.
- Develop and ensure operating procedures for programs supported by global team.
- Manage up to 3-5 direct reports.
- Manage remote staff and drive consistency of global processes.
- Bachelors Degree or High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of operations experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with HR systems.
- 7+ years of experience in HR, IT, or Finance.
- 5+ years of People Management experience including building, leading, and evolving high performing teams.
- Experience with HR or Learning & Development systems, including HRIS and LMS.
- Experience in strategic thought leadership, stakeholder management, change management and collaboration across an organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and to understand and react to changing priorities even when not all information is available.
- Ability to influence, communicate, and present at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and set multiple priorities with influencing partners.
- Project management, process improvement, and leadership of cross-functional teams to make an impact and deliver work on time.
- Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top