Learning and Development Manager, Global Recruiting
(London, United Kingdom - Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is a culture of curious and adaptive learners, and our people are naturally thirsty for opportunities to learn new things in pursuit of building an incredible product experience for the people that use our service. In support of this, the Learning & Development team at Facebook are committed to helping build the organization as a socially committed community of learners: we see ourselves as brokers that help find and enable learning connections that will strengthen the contribution of our people, and the performance of our Company. At Facebook, we believe that the keys to personal growth & success are rooted in how you leverage your strengths to have impact. Like performance, learning is a continuous, iterative process and is primarily shaped by the opportunities available on-the-job, rather than what might traditionally be learned in the classroom. For this reason, we work as a small consulting team, and we partner with business and HR leaders to find and propagate opportunity. We are hiring a Global L&D Leader to lead the Recruiting L&D team at Facebook. This role is to be based at our Menlo Park, California headquarters. Reporting to the Director of Recruiting for the Business Functions, this leadership role will partner with our corporate L&D team to provide comprehensive and specialized recruiting related L&D support to the teams that recruit for Facebook.
- Partner with our recruiting leadership team, L&D colleagues and HR Business Partners to identify and drive a comprehensive learning strategy for the Global Recruiting Team
- Manage all aspects of L&D global programs for Recruiting, including project management, event coordination and support, and vendor management.
- Work with our HR business partners to drive our recruiting manager effectiveness strategy
- Deliver manager training programs
- Partner with Recruiting Programs and Operations to ensure content regarding recruiting product training is following curriculum and delivery best practices depending on the product training, assist with training creation and/or delivery
- Partner with Facebook's Corporate L&D team to ensure program & content congruence
- Partner with recruiting leadership and Corporate L&D to co-deliver leadership development programs
- Support organizational development strategy in partnership with recruiting leadership and HR Lead
- In partnership with HR, identify and implement development solutions for key people
- Design & support team performance workshops & business offsite events
- Address engagement & performance needs with creative L&D solution
- Participate as an active thought partner and team member to the global recruiting team, the HR leadership team, and the training team, including attending regular team meetings and meeting strategic partners regularly to coordinate and agree on strategy and operational direction
- Provide quarterly data reporting, sharing insights on the impact of these interventions to recruiting and HR Leadership team at Facebook
- This role will require travel primarily to our key locations in EMEA, US and APAC
- 10+ years of Training Program Facilitation experience
- 4+ years of Organization Development experience
- Organizational Design and Consulting experience
- 3+ years of Instructional Design and Program Development experience
- Possess 3+ years of 1-on-1 curriculum coaching and instruction experience
- 2+ years in either Human Resources Business Partnership or Business Consulting
- Capability to travel internationally
- Experience working in the technology or media industry and understanding the challenges and demands it places on HR professionals, including L&D.
- Proven track record and substantial experience at both strategic and operational level with this industry or consulting to this industry sector
- Possess a Master's degree in a business or Human Resource discipline
- Additional certifications with psychological diagnostic tools and industry recognized certifications for well-established content programs
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top