Leadership Sourcer, Technology
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook’s success. We are looking for a Leadership Sourcer to redefine the way we recruit for leadership as we move into the next evolution of Facebook. This full time position is located in our Menlo Park office. The Leadership Sourcer will be responsible for partnering with the Leadership Recruiter and defining and executing the talent acquisition strategy for a variety of senior technical leadership roles. This person has a passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and Facebook, in particular.
- Define, design and implement leadership recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of senior technical leadership roles. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
- Partner with Facebook hiring managers to develop a detailed profile of target candidates with data-driven advice on the range of logical possibilities. Skillfully support weighing the anticipated and immediate challenges of the targeted role, company/group strategic objectives, and corresponding opportunities to productively explore more diverse perspectives and tradeoffs.
- Manage executive search engagements from requisition intake meetings with hiring managers to candidate contact to including research, engagement strategies and candidate experience.
- Conduct thoughtful and sophisticated candidate interviews that methodically surface a candidate’s full range of leadership capabilities, explore their aspirations and gain penetrating insights into their readiness to perform in the targeted role, and assess how smoothly he/she would integrate into the organization..
- Capture and maintain accurate market, client and candidate information on our knowledge management systems so as to both facilitate the search process and our overarching Market Intelligence initiatives.
- Leverage search and problem-solving expertise on a variety of Facebook Global Recruiting initiatives.
- Become a contributing member of the Recruitment Leadership team that effectively embodies and promotes the culture and values of Facebook, and lead the team to do the same. Our core values consist of the following: Be Bold, Move Fast, Focus on Impact, Be Open and Transparent, and Build Social Value.
- 8+ years’ executive search experience within a firm or corporate environment.
- Demonstrated success in leadership search within the international media and/or technology sectors.
- interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in identifying, engaging and sourcing senior-level candidates.
- Effective at partnering with team and clients, including senior management.
- Prior use of talent market insights and data to influence decisions within the leadership groups and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record of building working relationships with leaders and cross-functional partners.
- Partnership experience across a variety of functions to build on as well as create relevant, compelling, personalized and high-touch candidate experiences that align with Facebook’s values and mission
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top