Leadership Recruiter & Manager, Technology
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook's success. We are looking for a Leadership Recruiter & Manager to help redefine the way we recruit for leadership as we move into the next evolution of Facebook. This full-time position is located in our Menlo Park office.The Leadership Recruiter & Manager will be responsible for defining and executing the talent acquisition strategy and execution for a variety of senior technical leadership roles.
- Facilitate and lead key initiatives and projects with recruiting team, stakeholders and hiring partners
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the Leadership recruiting team
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. Legal, Finance, PR, Growth, Facilities, HR, etc.)
- Compile & analyze data and metrics to support business decisions and plans as necessary
- Define, design and implement leadership recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of senior technical leadership roles. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
- Partner with Facebook hiring managers to develop a detailed profile of target candidates with data-driven advice on the range of logical possibilities. Skillfully support weighing the anticipated and immediate challenges of the targeted role, company/group strategic objectives, and corresponding opportunities to productively explore more diverse perspectives and tradeoffs.
- Manage end-to-end executive search engagements from inception of candidate contact to onboarding including research, engagement strategies, candidate experience, negotiations and partnering with HR for successful onboarding and communicating status to all stakeholders along the way.
- Conduct thoughtful and sophisticated candidate interviews that methodically surface a candidate's full range of leadership capabilities, explore their aspirations and gain penetrating insights into their readiness to perform in the targeted role, and assess how smoothly he/she would integrate into the organization.
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns. Serve as a skilled problem solver and facilitator in final negotiations.
- Partner with Executive Search firms as appropriate. Occasionally roles may be outsourced to outside search firms - you will be responsible for contract negotiation, management, milestone tracking and managing the successful completion of the search.
- Capture and maintain accurate market, client and candidate information on our knowledge management systems so as to both facilitate the search process and our overarching Market Intelligence initiatives.
- Leverage search and problem-solving expertise on a variety of Facebook Global Recruiting initiatives.
- Become a contributing member of the Recruitment Leadership team that effectively embodies and promotes the culture and values of Facebook, and lead the team to do the same. Our core values consist of the following: Be Bold, Move Fast, Focus on Impact, Be Open and Transparent, and Build Social Value.
- 8+ years' of executive search experience within a firm or corporate environment.
- 5+ years' of managing recruiters and sourcers.
- Experience in leadership search within the international media and/or technology sectors.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in identifying, engaging and closing, senior-level passive candidates.
- Experience partnering with team and clients, including senior management.
- Prior use of talent market insights and data to influence decisions within the leadership groups and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record of building working relationships with leaders and cross-functional partners.
- Evidence of partnerships across a variety of functions to build on as well as create relevant, personalized and high-touch candidate experiences that align with Facebook's values and mission.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top