Lead VR Systems Engineer (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
- Design and develop the system level cooperative multi-tasking software for mobile VR applications on Gear VR
- Design and develop composition systems that enable best in class visuals on mobile hardware and that work across a multitude of input paradigms including orientation and positional tracking.
- Set and achieve key performance metrics for CPU, GPU and battery life of all system level software and 1st party experiences.
- Design and develop telemetry for verifying that key performance metrics are being achieved on end user devices.
- Ensure the security and integrity of end user data ranging from simple PII like passwords and usernames but extending to more unique VR experiences such as protecting user movements while in VR.
- Work with 1st party experiences, including Oculus Browser and Oculus Home, to enable features which allow those teams to build improved VR experiences.
- 5+ years of experience developing systems level software in C/C++, Java, C# or similar systems level software languages.
- 3+ years of experience designing and/or implementing security mitigations and features within a systems level software environment
- Demonstrated experience communicating and working on projects with other teams of engineers, product designers and product managers.
- Demonstrated experience in systems level design thinking with focuses on performance and/or security.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top