Lead Trademark Paralegal
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, organized team player to serve as Lead Trademark Paralegal. This position will provide organizational and substantive support to the attorneys on the trademark team, will work closely with product teams across the Facebook Companies, and will report to the Paralegal Manager. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Candidates should be extremely organized and resourceful, with ability to prioritize projects and communicate efficiently.
- Assist attorneys in planning and managing trademark portfolios
- Gather and evaluate evidence and specimens of use across all of the Facebook Brands, including Facebook, Instagram, Oculus, WhatsApp, Messenger, Internet.org, and others
- Provide trademark clearance support across of the Facebook Brands
- Monitor outside counsel work for quality assurance, timeliness, compliance with expectations, and progress against goals
- Assist with other projects and workflows as needed, including brand permissions, enforcement, and team operations
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certification
- 8+ years of relevant trademark experience
- Knowledge with trademark search tools, databases, docket systems, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with web, app, social networking, or internet companies
- Experience with managing international portfolios, as well as app store, marketplace, and internet enforcement
- Experience with US and international copyright applications
- Relevant experience on an in house legal team and experience working directly with product and marketing teams
- Notary certification or willingness to obtain same
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top