Lead Technical Investigator, Business Integrity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We are further split into the Ads Integrity and Pages + Commerce verticals and together ensure our platform is a high quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. We are an analytics-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale.
Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, make quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. This role will focus on investigating new trends in policy violations and abuse to take fast action and shape long-term strategies. This position is located in our Seattle, WA office.
- Lead a global team of technical individuals using analytical thinking to solve for investigations of system abuse
- Coach team members to creatively self-identify gaps, problems, needs and come up with robust solutions with relative independence
- Lead a team that utilizes data analysis skills to investigate and help solve abusive trends across product lines
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product, Software Engineering, and other integrity-focused groups to lead or contribute to large scale strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Use engineering and analytical skill sets in a business organization to drive meaningful business impact by looking at problems through an operational lens
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or quantitative disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems
- 7+ years of relevant analytics experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Data analysis skills
- Analytical skills, with experience investigating and solving problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Database programming experience with SQL, and data analysis
- Experience with online fraud or investigation
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top