Lead Software Engineer, Oculus Core Tech Infra
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immense - and weâ€™re just getting started.
The Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As a Lead Software Engineer in Core Tech Infra at Oculus, youâ€™ll be architecting and building tools and systems to collect large-scale Computer Vision and Machine Learning data with ground truth, to be used in ML training and algorithm validation for the AR/VR organization in Oculus and Facebook. You will tech lead other engineers on the team and work cross-functionally with a number of teams within Facebook and Oculus.
The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with strong cross-functional skills and a solid background in systems engineering and architecture.
- Architect, design and build the infrastructure for scalable ML and CV ground truth data collection platforms for AR and VR.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Influence process to scale ground truth data collection efforts across multiple technologies.
- Mentor engineers on the team.
- Work cross-functionally with ML and CV teams in the AR/VR org.
- Work with engineering and project management to scope and plan projects.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing large-scale systems in Python, C++ or Hack/PHP.
- Experience as a technical lead of engineers.
- Experience in CV or ML data collection and management systems.
- Knowledge of depth sensor technology, computer vision, machine learning, imaging/camera systems and/or consumer mobile products.
Back to top