Lead Social Platform Engineer
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal.
The Oculus Social Platform team builds the key pieces that allow developers to focus on creating rich experiences and allows end users to move seamlessly between those experiences. We are looking for a talented technical leader to build and manage a five-person software engineering team to accelerate the development of social features. The role involves designing and overseeing the construction of an architecture which cuts across a wide range of technology, from low-level, C++ programming on PC and Android through a large-scale server infrastructure.
- Help build and lead a great software team to deliver a world-class software platform.
- Architect and develop the core framework upon which all platform features are implemented.
- Oversee the infrastructure for the platform services used by all Oculus applications.
- Work with people who have a wide variety of skills, experiences and responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 6+ years software development experience.
- 4+ years experience architecting, developing and launching software products and/or services.
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team.
- Experience with system programming (PC or Android, C++) or server programming.
- Experience designing software systems and services.
- Experience building a large-scale online service.
- Experience with code optimization and performance tuning.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top