Lead Security Counsel, International
(São Paulo, Brazil)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and flexible team player to join the LATAM Legal team and serve as Lead Security Counsel, focusing on Security matters. This is a great opportunity to join a growing security team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position will be providing support on a broad range of legal matters with particular focus on data requests from law enforcement agencies, litigation, and regulatory related. This role is located in our São Paulo office and will report to the Associate General Counsel, International Security.
- Advise the Law Enforcement Response Team, based in Dublin, on issues related to its response to government requests for data originating from countries in Latin America
- Develop and implement effective policies for processing international legal requests and protecting user data
- Manage outside counsel and litigation relating to data requests from government entities and private parties
- Work closely with the company’s Safety and Security teams to protect the people who use our service from abuse, including proactive reporting and litigation measures
- Support Legal and Public Policy teams’ engagement with international regulators and legislators on safety and security matters
- Collaborate with members of Public Policy, Legal, Community Operations, Product, Engineering and others on safety and security matters
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests strongly preferred
- Experience with Marco Civil, and analogous international laws
- Experience with Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty requests, Letters Rogatory, and other forms of international cooperation
- Direct experience working with law enforcement authorities
- Degree in law with excellent academic credentials from a top law school
- Brazilian bar membership
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top