Lead Security Counsel
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Lead Security Counsel. The position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Security. This is a great opportunity to join a growing security team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Advise the Law Enforcement Response Teams responding to governmental requests for data from around the world
- Develop and implement policies relating to the processing of legal requests and protection of user data
- Litigate issues related to data requests from governmental entities and private parties
- Support legal and public policy teams’ engagement with regulators and legislators on security and law enforcement issues
- Collaborate with members of Public Policy, Legal, Community Operations, Product, Engineering and others on safety and security matters
- JD degree with membership in at least 1 state bar (preferably California)
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant experience, including prior in-house and/or law firm experience advising technology companies.
- Litigation experience is a plus.
- Experience with the Stored Communications Act, Wiretap Act, Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute.
- Direct experience working with foreign and U.S. law enforcement authorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top