Lead Security Counsel, APAC
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Lead Security Counsel, focusing on international matters. The position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Security. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Advise the Law Enforcement Response Team based in Singapore on responding to governmental requests for data from around the world
- Develop and implement effective policies for processing international legal requests and protecting user data
- Manage outside counsel and litigation relating to data requests from governmental entities and private parties
- Work closely with the company's safety and security teams to protect the people who use our service from abuse, including proactive reporting and litigation measures
- Support legal and public policy teams' engagement with international regulators and legislators on safety and security matters
- Collaborate with members of Public Policy, Legal, Community Operations, Product, Engineering and others on safety and security matters
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience providing guidance to providers in responding to law enforcement requests strongly preferred
- Experience with the Stored Communications Act, Wiretap Act, Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute, and analogous international laws
- Experience with Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty requests, Letters Rogatory, and other forms of international cooperation
- Direct experience working with U.S. and foreign law enforcement authorities
- Certified lawyer with excellent academic credentials from a top law school
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top