Lead Researcher, Commercial Messaging (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is the world's fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users.
WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to be the first researcher to join the Commercial Messaging Team. If you are intellectually curious, love discovering user insights, working on the full-cycle of a product, being the voice of the user and want to impact the lives of hundreds of millions of users globally, this is the role for you!
You must have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and be excited to operate independently in a fast-paced and growing environment. This is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp team at Facebook HQ in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp's Director of Growth & Monetization.
- Conceptualize, design and conduct user research through the product life-cycle from ideation to new and existing features
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Collaborate closely with analysts, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Ability to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business and product decisions
- Learn about WhatsApp users, both customers and businesses, globally
- 4+ years of user research in applied product research
- Knowledge of mixed methods, with an emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative research
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top