Lead Product Manager, Data
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Lead for our Internal Product Manager (Data) team to oversee building and enhancing analytical tools and services for use by Facebook employees. As an expert in data and analytics, you will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology and data to enable the productivity of Facebook. You will help envision, build, deploy and develop our next generation of stream processing and realtime data engines and tools at Facebook's scale. You'll wear multiple hats, including product manager, project manager, business analyst, and even scrum master for data products and solutions. You will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.
- Be a hands on manager to a team of internal Data Product Managers
- Work closely with the key internal business stakeholders – Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Product Analytics and other business leaders – to understand their gaps with existing tools and services in Data Infrastructure.
- Partner with the team to develop strategy, vision, execution, design and usability.
- Interact with top customers to understand their analytics needs and build out these capabilities in internal tools - as well as influence the features of related products in our engineering driven organization.
- Actively work with internal development teams to conduct gap analysis of different solutions (both internal and external) and identify the best path forward. Champion and provide oversight for initiatives during the Technical Delivery process.
- Provide direct project management - lead and conduct project activities based on Agile (Scrum) methodology (or alternate strategies based on engineering team's methodology).
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including end user training, product testing, rollout, iteration and support.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline required (ie: Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- 2+ years experience managing teams.
- 5+ years experience building, delivering, developing and designing data tools, services, and products.
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies and design.
- Experience giving presentations to manager levels and above.
- Experience with client management.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top