Lead Partner Engineer, Messaging
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a global team of Software Engineers who work closely with our strategic partners and world-class engineering and product teams to define, launch, and scale platform products at Facebook. In this unique partner-facing engineering team, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to deliver platform products that drive value for our community, our partners, and Facebook.
The team plays a critical role in the success of our platform products through a variety of activities, such as building tools for external developers and working directly with partners to create highly visible and successful use cases on top of our platforms. Our team has played an instrumental role in the launch and scaling of many platform-related products here at Facebook.
As a Lead Partner Engineer, Messaging you will work closely with the Facebook partner managers throughout the region handling the technical relationships with strategic partners to run and deliver Messaging-products. You will engage with some of the most influential companies in all industries and build relationships with developer communities. You will also work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams, contributing to future strategy and the roll out of new platforms and features. The ideal candidate will combine excellent leadership, technical and business skills to make our partners successful and improve the platform. If you have the ambition, curiosity, and fearlessness to work on multiple key technologies alongside some of the most innovative companies around the world, you've found your home.
This position is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Manage Messaging Platform integration projects in a matrix organization covering a wide range of areas
- Be the key technical link and contributor between Messenger Engineering and Partnerships team to guide all Messenger deployments globally to create and build superior Messenger experiences
- Communicate partner needs to the Facebook product team to improve people's experiences with our products
- Drive and complete integration projects including planning, project management, implementation and day-to-day to communication with the partner and internally in Facebook
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
- Troubleshoot partner's technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and work with internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Handle support escalations
- Help scale programs by composing and writing best practices, white papers, documentations, samples and other materials that can be used by our partners for integrating with Facebook infrastructure
- Represent Facebook and its platform offerings at developer events.
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a technical project manager, solutions engineer, technical sales consultant or partner/sales engineer in the telecommunications space.
- Previous experience in people management.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- Experience building and integrating with APIs and services, and knowledgeable in coding and debugging.
- Writing technical documentation, case studies and whitepapers.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various countries, approximately 20% of the time
- Knowledgeable in Unix/Linux environment esp. scripting languages
- Understanding of IT infrastructures (distributed, high available real-time infrastructures)
- Understanding of network protocols on different layers
- Great product sense and innovative insights.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top