Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert
- Redmond, OR
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert for our Crook County, OR data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert will be a part of the Facility Operations team. The candidate will lead and manage a team of mechanical SMEs who are the data center mechanical system technical operations experts. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as evaporative cooling, DX cooling, water distribution, and fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution. This candidate will be equipped with exceptional leadership and management skills that will be essential for team alignment to global strategies.
- Develop, mentor, and manage an onsite mechanical subject matter experts team.
- Coordinate with Building Chiefs and the Facilities Technical Manager to provide support where needed.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource on mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes, procedures, and reporting metrics.
- Analyze data to assist development of a predictive maintenance plan.
- Act as the on-site Lead for root cause analysis activities in area of expertise.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships for mechanical equipment.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years mechanical Journeyman level experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 3+ years relative experience will be considered in lieu of 7+ years Journeyman experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems
- Working knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Job Conditions and Demands:
- Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain
- Work at varying heights and from ladders
- Use hands and fingers
- Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more
- 7+ years' experience in a data center or other critical environment
- Trade Certification or state license in Mechanical (HVAC)
- Professional affiliations (7x24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.)
Back to top