Lead Mechanical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert for our Prineville, Oregon data center. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our systems operate to meet the demands of our customers. The Lead Mechanical Subject Matter Expert will be a part of the Facility Operations team. The candidate will lead and manage a team of mechanical SMEs who are the data center mechanical system technical operations experts. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse technologies such as evaporative cooling, DX cooling, water distribution, and fire suppression systems, and have a working knowledge of building automation systems and electrical distribution. This candidate will be equipped with exceptional leadership and management skills that will be essential for team alignment to global strategies.
- Support the hiring, development and management of an onsite mechanical subject matter experts team.
- Coordinate with Building Chiefs and the Facilities Technical Manager to provide support where needed.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource on mechanical infrastructure systems and equipment.
- Support and oversee troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Assist in authoring processes and procedures.
- Develop key performance indicators and provide executive update summaries.
- Analyze data to assist development of a predictive maintenance plan.
- Lead the root cause analysis activities in area of expertise and provide executive level updates.
- Provide training to Critical Facility Engineers on mechanical equipment and procedures.
- Manage the relationships with critical vendors providing mechanical maintenance for operations.
- Perform any additional services needed to meet the requirements of the facility in support of maintenance functions.
- Travel to other data center regions will be required up to 20% of the time.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 3+ years mechanical experience
- High school diploma with 7+ years mechanical Journeyman level experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems
- Working knowledge of critical facilities operations
- Job Conditions and Demands:
- Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain
- Work at varying heights and from ladders
- Use hands and fingers
- Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more
- 7+ years' experience in a data center or other critical environment
- Trade Certification or state license in Mechanical (HVAC)
- Professional affiliations (7x24 Exchange, IFMA, Data Center Pulse, etc.)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top