Lead, Marketing Science, Global Account
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers brand advertisers limitless opportunities to reach and engage consumers across the globe. The same properties that make the Facebook platform an ideal place for brand marketing also make the platform an ideal place to conduct ad effectiveness and consumer research. The APAC Marketing Science team is seeking an experienced market research professional to partner with our largest global accounts to understand their consumers on Facebook and the effectiveness of their ad spend. This position will work with internal and external stakeholders to advise clients and the industry on measurement strategy and work with them on an ongoing basis to adopt better measurement as a way to improve business performance. To accomplish this, the person in this role will drive industry adoption of Facebook preferred measurement methods and products and design and execute empirical research for individual clients and at the industry-level. Driving good measurement with clients will require designing measurement tests and doing research to help clients understand and improve the effectiveness of their advertising across digital platforms and across media. Conclusions from this work will showcase what good measurement is and how a client can act upon it to drive business impact. In some cases the existing measurement products and approaches will not be a perfect fit for clients, verticals, or countries. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the desire to get out on the front lines of brand advertising, and a passion for generating data-based insights. This role will challenge the candidate to not only provide strategic direction to major brand advertisers on their measurement efforts, but also to undertake original audience research, work deeply with the external research industry, and develop strategic insights into marketing on the Facebook platform. Applicants should be comfortable in a client-facing role, quantitatively oriented with experience in analyzing large datasets, focused on results, and self-motivated. This is a full time position based in our Singapore Office.
- Work closely with some of Facebook’s largest multi-national advertisers to push clients to measure true business value by building and operationalizing a “learning agenda” that highlights how a client can improve business outcomes by employing better measurement techniques
- Conduct in-depth standard and custom ad effectiveness studies for Facebook advertisers to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media, also leveraging internal survey and data analysis tools
- Play a strategic role in developing the cross-platform and cross-media measurement approaches and agendas for large advertisers
- Lead client conversations and influences client measurement thinking
- Design tests to showcase the power of good measurement using client data and FB or third party technology tools
- Serve as the contact for key strategic advertiser relationships as they pertain to measurement
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with Product, R&D, and Partnerships to identify opportunities for new features, products, and partnerships and drive client engagement around measurement innovation, including product alphas and beta.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, media/marketing measurement or analytics experience and general love of data and numbers
- Advanced Degree in Social Science (Economics, Political Science, Psychology etc.), Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or similar field. Graduate research degree / experience preferred
- Solid understanding of online advertising and familiarity with brand advertising and marketing frameworks, including ad effectiveness measurement techniques
- Excellent communication, client-interaction and strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to communicate complex research results to a general audience
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Strong quantitative background with strong SQL and Excel skills and the curiosity and persistence to work with large databases
- Statistical analysis experience valuable, including but not limited to experimental design
- Familiarity with survey research methods and considerations
- Management consulting, agency, or sales experiences are highly valuable
- Ability to speak a second language (Japanese preferred) is a plus
- Please note all applications must be submitted in English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top