Lead Litigation Regulatory Counsel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Lead Regulatory Counsel for EMEA. You will manage significant and complex multi-national litigation and contentious regulatory matters and advise internal teams on legal risks. The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, and a keen interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in a fast-paced, fun environment. This role is based in Berlin.
- Supervise and direct outside counsel on multiple complex litigation and contentious regulatory matters, including matters pending before the CJEU
- Guide and execute litigation strategy in relation to high-profile, precedent setting matters pending before national and European courts
- Advise cross-functional teams on litigation and problem solving strategy on a wide variety of topics, including data protection, consumer protection, public policy, and platform, product & content policies
- Develop strategic approaches to managing regulatory and policy legal risks and resolving disputes
- Manage response to consumer protection and other regulatory inquiries
- Qualified to practice law in a European member state, preferably Germany. Ideally, at least 5 years experience after successful completion of 2nd State Exam in Germany, (but will consider other / comparable experience), with significant in-depth and related experience.
- Law degree with strong academic record.
- A demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced hard working environment and to make sound judgments and smart decisions enabling the completion of several simultaneous projects to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an absolute commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Accuracy and strong drafting ability that can be used in a commercial setting with business stakeholders.
- First rate technical abilities with a strong interest in emerging technologies and devices with a demonstrated ability to provide concise and business-focused legal advice.
- Flexibility and eagerness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- A willingness to travel.
- Fluency in English and German (both written and spoken).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top