Lead IP Product Counsel
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player with a passion for online intellectual property issues to serve as IP Product Counsel. This position will work closely with product, engineering, policy, operations, and business teams, as well as other legal department subgroups. This role will tackle cutting-edge IP issues on a global scale for Facebook, Instagram, and affiliated companies and platforms. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and make an impact in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Support product and engineering teams at Facebook and its affiliates by providing guidance on IP issues inherent in new and evolving products and features, both from a direct and secondary liability perspective
- Support the policy (government relations) team by providing guidance on newly proposed IP legislation introduced around the world
- Provide IP support on commercial transactions
- Instruct and work closely with a global network of outside counsel on developing solutions to identified IP issues
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team (regulatory, corporate, privacy, etc.) to ensure business needs are met
- JD with membership in at least 1 state bar
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience, either in-house or at a law firm
- Experience with copyright, and secondary liability issues and laws, in the US and abroad (e.g. DMCA, CDA, E-Commerce Directive, etc.)
- Product counseling experience
- Experience advising on IP policy and legislative matters in US and Europe
- Experience working with web, app, social networking, and other Internet companies
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top