Lead Counsel, Sales
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Counsel supporting Facebook's US sales team. The position will focus on providing strategic and tactical legal guidance to internal sales and business clients on a range of legal issues related to Facebook products, including privacy. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Help ensure sales and sales support teams are aware of key legal developments that might impact products or clients
- Serve as legal representative for clients, coordinating information across legal stakeholders, including product, commercial, regulatory, IP, and litigation attorneys as needed
- Provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice on sales related tools
- Coordinate with policy and communications colleagues on escalations, external communication, and policy development
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience, from a law firm or in-house (including litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience)
- Experience in the legal frameworks that apply to online advertising, mobile, social networking, or other Internet technologies
- Experience with product counseling to sales and sales support teams
- Experience working on multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of legal frameworks that apply to data-driven advertising
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Back to top