Lead Counsel, Production Compliance
(Los Angeles, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly-motivated, detail-oriented team player to support our Media Creative Strategy as Lead Counsel for Production Compliance. The role will be responsible for legal matters across various functions related to the production of audiovisual content including: ethics and compliance (e.g., assisting with establishing and applying standards and practices), rights and clearances (e.g., manage internal pre-broadcast review and rights and clearances process) and other intellectual property issues, union and guild issues, and regulatory compliance (e.g., FTC, FCC regulations). The role will be a full-time position located at our Los Angeles office.
- Collaborate and coordinate with third-party production companies and cross-functional legal and business teams to develop and ensure adherence to Legal's best practices, policies, processes, and legal guidelines for the production of video content.
- Use extensive knowledge of the entertainment industry to act as a point of contact for, and help manage the resolution of, legal issues that arise in the context of audiovisual productions, including guild/union and non-union labor issues, policy compliance, regulatory issues, intellectual property issues, and rights of publicity.
- Draft and negotiate agreements ancillary to the production and licensing of video content (e.g., customary production releases and licenses, permits, contest rules and releases, product integration agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, sponsorship agreements, merchandising agreements, music licenses).
- J.D., LLB or equivalent degree, and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5 or more years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm, tech company, production company, studio or television network (applicable intellectual property, regulatory, or production counseling will be considered)
- Ability to work independently under deadlines and cross-functionally with business and legal partners, and proven track record of managing a high-volume production workload
- Willingness to travel between New York, Menlo Park, and Los Angeles offices
- Technology law background
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top