Lead Counsel, Product (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and millions of others together. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 most downloaded apps in over 100 countries in the Apple App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs from Google Play. The position will focus on product review and requires application of complex and evolving legal frameworks to new and innovative services. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams, including the business, product management, engineering, finance, tax, and customer support teams. This is a full-time position based in WhatsApp’s offices in Menlo Park, California and will report to WhatsApp’s Associate General Counsel, Product & Privacy.
- Coordinate with public policy, marketing, communications and customer support teams on multi-disciplinary issues.
- Advise product and engineering teams on intellectual property and open source issues.
- Support other areas as necessary including areas involving unfamiliar subject areas.
- Travel may be required.
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including prior in-house experience with Internet or technology companies and/or at a global law firm.
- Product counseling experience in addition to experience in other relevant areas such as privacy, security, consumer protection, IP, and telecom
- Experience working with in-house clients and business partners.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top