Lead Counsel, Product
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, energetic tech enthusiast to serve as Lead Product Counsel. The position will focus on product counseling for our Core App products including Groups, Sharing, News Feed as well as Messenger. It requires application of complex, evolving legal frameworks to new and innovative products and initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, as we build and scale our global community. This position is based in Menlo Park.
- Review global products, features, and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including data protection laws and regulations, consumer protection laws, and other global legal frameworks
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, and other cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary issues
- J.D. with membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience
- Experience advising clients on mobile technologies, social networking, user-generated content, or other Internet services legal issues
- Experience handling different projects at once
- In-house and product review experience
- Privacy experience
- Technology litigation experience
- International experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top