Lead Counsel, Product
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and energetic tech enthusiast to serve as Lead Counsel on Facebook's consumer product counseling team. The role is dedicated to advising teams that are creating innovative new products and machine learning systems, including products aimed to improve the safety and well-being of the Facebook community. This is a great opportunity to work on complex legal issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Analyze global products, features, and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide legal advice across many subject areas including data protection laws and regulations, intermediary liability, consumer protection laws, and other global legal frameworks
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, and other cross-functional teams on external communications, policy development, and product launches
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience
- Experience advising clients on legal issues related to privacy, user-generated content, intermediary liability, or other Internet services legal issues
- Experience handling many different projects at once
- In-house and product review experience
- Experience representing technology clients in litigation and/or regulatory matters
- International experience
- Enthusiasm for new technologies
Back to top