Lead Counsel, Product
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Lead Counsel on Facebook's product counseling team. The position will focus on providing strategic and tactical legal counseling to the product and business teams that build tools for Facebook's advertisers and developers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is based in Menlo Park.
- Analyze the products and partnerships that Facebook builds for advertisers to ensure compliance with global privacy laws and regulations, industry-self-regulation, consumer protection laws, and other legal requirements
- Advise our commercial legal team as they draft agreements with advertisers, partners, and publishers to ensure compliance with global regulations, including privacy and competition law
- Coordinate with legal, public policy and communications colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions
- J.D. with membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of legal experience, from a law firm or prior in-house experience (including applicable litigation, regulatory or product counseling experience)
- Experience applying U.S. and European advertising, privacy and consumer protection laws and regulations to Internet- and mobile-based advertising platforms
- Experience working with mobile, cookies, SDKs, APIs and similar technologies
- Familiarity with ads ecosystem and the measurement of online ads
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top