Lead Counsel, Oculus Research
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is looking to hire a Lead Counsel to support the Oculus research team. Oculus invents, manufactures and sells industry leading virtual reality headsets and operates a global virtual reality content and social platform. Success in this position will require you to be a primary point of contact for the business, providing creative and practical guidance to clients on diverse legal and business issues relating to intellectual property and data privacy. You will also be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including general commercial contracts, academic research agreements, and IP licenses. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in a fast-paced start-up that is leading the field of virtual reality.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Oculus’ research team
- Be a product counseling and transactional generalist: support business objectives related to research and development, and intellectual property
- Building positive and influential relationships with executives, research teams and peers across Oculus and Facebook
- Collaborate with subject matters experts at Oculus and Facebook to analyze and communicate legal risks across a wide range of issues
- JD degree with membership in at least 1 state bar
- 5+ years of transactional experience, including prior in-house experience and/or at a law firm
- Experience with open source software and patent licensing, academic collaborations, data privacy and health and safety
- Demonstrated experience building influence with technology entrepreneur executives and advising client teams directly
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top