Lead Counsel (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is seeking a Lead Counsel for its research team in Redmond, Washington where leading scientists and engineers are pushing the boundaries of virtual and augmented reality. Success in this position will require you to be a primary point of contact for the business, providing creative, predictive, and practical guidance to clients on diverse legal and business issues. You will also be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including commercial contracts, academic research agreements, and IP collaborations and licenses. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in a fast-paced start-up that is leading the field of virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Be a product counseling and transactional generalist: support business objectives related to research and development, and intellectual property
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for Oculus' research team
- Build positive and influential relationships with executives, research teams and peers across Oculus and Facebook
- Collaborate with subject matters experts at Oculus and Facebook to analyze and communicate legal risks across a wide range of issues
- JD degree with membership in at least 1 state bar
- 5+ years of experience, including prior in-house experience with a technology company and/or at a global law firm
- Experience with open source software and patent licensing, academic collaborations, data privacy and health and safety
- Experience building influence with technology executives and advising client teams directly
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top