Lead Counsel, IP Litigation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented Intellectual Property Litigator to join the Legal department’s IP team. The position will report to our Director and Associate General Counsel, IP and is a full-time position located in our Menlo Park office. You must have the ability to operate independently and work proactively with various teams across the organization including Legal, Product and Engineering. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Manage and drive strategy for multiple IP litigations – including cases involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets – from start to finish
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsel
- Advise the company on IP litigation related issues
- Coordinate and actively participate in internal discovery activities
- Working extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
- 4+ years of IP litigation experience from a law firm and/or in-house
- Technical background or relevant experience
- Experience managing IP litigations
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with web-based technologies
- Trial experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top